Guest Post: Join CFED for Ideas Into Action
Following nearly 20 years of hosting the premier gathering for the asset-building field, our friends at CFED are hopeful that you will join them for this year’s Assets Learning Conference, Ideas Into Action, which will take place September 19-21 in Washington, DC.
The Conference aims to advance innovative, yet proven products that create pathways to financial security and opportunity. Taking place just six weeks before the 2012 presidential elections and on the brink of one of the most promising economic renewals in recent memory, the 2012 Assets Learning Conference seeks to showcase the critical work that assets practitioners, policy influences and researchers are doing to make the American Dream a reality for families throughout the United States.
This year’s Conference has plenty to offer, including:
- Conference Institutes, which offer day-long, in-depth explorations of topics that can expand the reach of your efforts to build financial security
- Four Plenary Sessions, including CFED President Andrea Levere’s State of the Field address
- Over 40 Concurrent Sessions focused on topics from behavioral economics to integrated service delivery and everything in between
- Capitol Hill Visits, which offer the perfect opportunity to ensure that asset building is on your elected officials’ agenda
- The launch of the Assets & Opportunity Network, a movement-oriented group of advocates working to deepen the impact of asset-based approaches to expanding economic opportunity
- A variety of networking opportunities, including a Thursday-night all-Conference reception
By Jimmy Crowell, CFED