Welcome FAU Training Institute Class of 2012
NCTC is proud to announce and congratulate the inaugural class of the Financial Aid U Training Institute! Eight programs from across the country will be admitted to the next iteration of the Financial Aid U program.
Programs were chosen based on their commitment to adding or building their current asset building services to assist aspiring first-generation and low-income students in financing their college education.
The inaugural class includes:
- Cambridge Economic Opportunity Committee, Inc. (Cambridge, MA)
- Co-opportunity, Inc. (Hartford, CT)
- Delaware Alliance for Community Advancement (Wilmington, DE)
- Franciscan Community Development Center of Fairview (Fairview, NJ)
- Kentucky Domestic Violence Association (Frankfort, KY)
- Rural Dynamics Inc. (Great Falls, MT)
- United Way of Fairfield County (Lancaster, OH)
- United Way of Passaic County (Paterson, NJ)
All programs will be convening in Chicago, IL for a two-day intensive workshop on building and growing their FAFSA preparation services. The workshop will will give participants in-depth information about creating and expanding their FAU programs, including staff and funding development, the ins and outs of the FAFSA form itself and incorporating follow-up services after a student has filed their FAFSA.
For more information on the Financial Aid U program, visit the FAU web page. Congratulations to the selected programs and we look forward to beginning a new journey with you!
By Cassidy Fallik, Special Projects Coordinator