Request for Applications: NCTC and NetSpend Prepaid Debit Card Opportunity
NCTC is pleased to announce a Request for Applications (RFA) for a new prepaid debit card specially tailored for NCTC’s membership, offered in conjunction with NetSpend.
The initiative is designed to assist new and experienced programs enhance their tax preparation and asset building services, while helping clients establish more positive financial profiles. The prepaid debit card contract will operate from October 1, 2012 – September 30, 2015.
Participating programs will receive:
- registration and marketing materials
- training for staff and volunteers
- research and aggregate data about clients
- share of revenue generated by card usage
The emphasis of the NCTC Prepaid Debit Card initiative is to increase program participants’ capacity to:
- Further understand and address the banking and financial needs of unbanked and under-banked populations
- Provide training and customer service needed by clients, volunteers and site staff to advantageously use or offer product
- Help clients learn to utilize the prepaid card as on ongoing financial literacy/education tool
- Connect tax preparation services and asset building services
- Enhance program operations and procedures to improve services, build sustainability, and expand scale
We invite you to take a look at the Prepaid Debit Card Request for Application (RFA), which outlines details of the NCTC Prepaid Debit Card initiative. If you are interested in submitting an application, please cover all the detailed specifications outlined in the RFA and submit by 12:00 PM Central, October 1, 2012.
For more information, or if you have any questions, please contact Soni Sinha at email@example.com, or 312-346-6282, x-298.
By Soni Sinha, Special Projects Coordinator